Returning Students 2019-2020
The Lebanon Special School District is pleased to provide online enrollment for the 2019-20 school year. You will be able to save your information and resume working on it at a later time if needed. However, once you click on submit you will no longer be able to access it.
Parents/Guardians of returning LSSD students will complete the returning student enrollment process through Skyward Family Access. If you have never logged into Skyward Family Access, you can click on the Forgot your Login/Password link on the Skyward login page. If you do not receive an email within 24 hours please reach out to the school secretary for assistance.
Online Returning Student Enrollment for Students:
· Current PreK students registering for 2019-2020 Kindergarten (April 1-May 7)
· Returning K-8 student registration for 2019-2020 (July 8-July 20)
· Two (2) proofs of residency must be provided (ACCEPTABLE PROOF OF RESIDENCE).
o You may upload the two (2) proofs of residence online during the enrollment process.
o Otherwise, you must bring them to your child’s school for registration on July 26th.
· NOTE: Students entering 7th grade at Walter J. Baird or Winfree Bryant Middle Schools are required to provide proof of immunization booster for Tdap and Varicella (Chicken Pox). Proof of immunization must be on the Tennessee Immunization Form prior to school entrance.
By filling out the online registration in its entirety (to include uploading all required documentation and two proofs of residence) you will not be required to attend the July 26th Registration Day at your student(s) zoned school taking place from 12 – 6 p.m. unless you prefer to attend that day. Please check with your respective school to learn about dates for Open House/Meet the Teacher events to pay school fees or obtain additional information pertaining to your child.
Each student is requested to bring $10 for miscellaneous supplies. Check your child’s school website for a list of supplies for your child’s grade. Supply lists will also be available at the school.
Middle School Dress Code
Students attending Walter J. Baird and Winfree Bryant Middle Schools will be able to wear any solid color shirt, sweaters, undershirts, sweatshirts, vests, jackets or coats. Uniform bottoms should be blue, khaki, gray or green and shorts, skirts, skorts and jumpers should be no shorter than approximately 2 inches from the bend of the knee. For more detailed information, please see the below policy.
Student Transfer Procedures 2019-20 (Window Open from April 1 - May 1, 2019)
Students whose parent or legal guardian resides within the Lebanon Special School District may request a student transfer to a school other than the zoned school according to the following guidelines.
First Time Applicants:
Students that reside within the Lebanon Special School District that would like to request a student transfer for the first time MUST apply for a student transfer. The Request for Student Transfer Form must be completed and submitted online within the transfer application period of April 1 through May 1, for the subsequent school year. No transfers will be considered after this period. All Student Transfer Requests will be reviewed by the appropriate administrator(s) prior to the Director of Schools final approval. You will be notified by June 15 regarding the status of your request.
Students Entering 6th Grade:
Students transitioning from elementary to middle school who wish to attend a school he/she is not zoned for must submit a Request for Student Transfer Form.
Students Currently on Approved Transfer:
Students currently attending LSSD on an approved transfer DO NOT have to reapply, with the exception of fifth grade students transitioning to a middle school that is not within their residential zone. Existing student transfers will be reviewed annually and are subject to revocation based upon space availability, chronic misbehavior, and/or chronic attendance issues.
Guidelines for Approved Student Transfers:
- Parent/Guardian is responsible for student transportation
- Any student who starts a school on an approved transfer must remain at the approved school for the duration of the school year
- Once a student establishes an athletic record at a middle school, he/she is not eligible to participate for one calendar year in athletics at another middle school within the district without a bona fide change of residency
- The building principal may revoke a transfer at any time that a student’s attendance, conduct, or academic performance are considered to be unacceptable
Student Transfer 2019-20 Online Request is Now Closed
Change of Residence:
If there is a change of residence and you wish for your student to remain at the current school, a transfer request MUST be submitted. This request must be submitted at the Central Office located at 397 North Castle Heights Avenue.
No Access to Technology to Submit Online Transfer Form:
If you do not have access to a computer, please visit the Lebanon Special School District Central Office located at 397 North Castle Heights Avenue during normal business hours. No hard copies will be accepted.